Ayurveda aptly and intensely describes the issue of the digestive system . It is known to be related to the imbalance of AGNI (fire) and ancient science works upon the balancing of these Agni by suggesting the patient's medication which solely treats the underlying cause of the disease and assures long-term results without any symptoms of recurrence.
The Ayurvedic Medicine for Piles kit from Healthcam Remedies is proving its value and beneficial effects on digestive health naturally. Along with it, they have a wide range of products for other digestive issues like constipation, acid reflux, etc. The experienced and skilled Ayurvedic doctors suggest the best Piles Ayurvedic treatment which is a wholesome package for resolving digestive issues in an authentic way.
What are actually piles?
The Piles is the common digestive disorder which is also termed as Hemorrhoids. It is described as swollen and inflamed veins in the rectum and anus. There are two main types of hemorrhoids: internal and external.
- Internal Hemorrhoids: These occur inside the rectum, so they are not visible or felt. They are typically painless but can cause bleeding during bowel movements.
- External Hemorrhoids: These develop under the skin around the anus. They cause pain, itchiness and discomfort.
However, it is also been noted that there are several misconceptions that are associated with digestive disorders.
Misconceptions about Piles
- Piles are the result of sitting on cold surfaces.
- It is a form of cancer.
- Mostly the older age group is affected by hemorrhoids.
- Surgery is the only option left for getting relief.
- Hemorrhoids are contagious.
Is there any truth behind these misconceptions? The answer is No. Rather than believing these interpretations a person should actually understand and become aware of the causes that might be the reason for the disease occurrence in the future.
Causes or Factors for Piles
- Chronic constipation: When you have difficulty passing stools regularly, it can lead to repeated straining during bowel movements, which increases the risk of developing hemorrhoids.
- Chronic diarrhea: Frequent episodes of diarrhea can also contribute to the development of hemorrhoids because the constant passage of loose stools can irritate the rectal and anal tissues.
- Obesity: Being overweight or obese can increase the pressure on the rectal veins and blood vessels, making the development of hemorrhoids more likely.
- Pregnancy: The increased pressure on the pelvic region during pregnancy can lead to the development of hemorrhoids in some women. Hormonal changes during pregnancy can also play a role.
- Aging: As people age, the tissues that support the rectum and anus tend to weaken, making it easier for hemorrhoids to develop.
- Genetics: Some individuals may have a genetic predisposition to developing hemorrhoids, meaning they are more likely to develop them if other family members have had them.
- Sitting or standing for long periods: Prolonged periods of sitting or standing without breaks can increase pressure on the rectal and anal veins, increasing the risk of hemorrhoids.
- Low-fiber diet: A diet that lacks sufficient dietary fiber can lead to constipation, which, in turn, can increase the risk of hemorrhoids. Fiber helps soften stools and promotes regular bowel movements
- Certain medical conditions: Conditions that increase intra-abdominal pressure, such as liver disease or chronic cough, can contribute to the development of hemorrhoids.
Keeping a check on the above factors can help reduce the chances of getting the problem, discomfort, and other associated issues that might become difficult to treat through medications. So early awareness saves you from chronic diseases.
Common sign & Symptoms of PilesHemorrhoids, often referred to as piles, can cause various signs and symptoms. These symptoms can vary in severity, and not everyone with hemorrhoids will experience all of them. The most common symptoms include:
- Rectal Bleeding: One of the most common symptoms of hemorrhoids is rectal bleeding.
- Anal Itching: Hemorrhoids can cause irritation and itching in the anal area. This itching can be uncomfortable and persistent.
- Pain or Discomfort: Depending on the type and severity of hemorrhoids, you may experience varying degrees of pain or discomfort. This discomfort can be felt during or after a bowel movement and may be accompanied by a feeling of fullness or pressure in the rectum.
- Swelling: External hemorrhoids, which develop under the skin around the anus, can become swollen and cause a visible lump or bump. This can be tender to the touch.
- Protrusion: In more severe cases, internal hemorrhoids can protrude outside the anus during bowel movements or when straining. These are called prolapsed hemorrhoids and may need to be pushed back inside manually.
- Mucus Discharge: Some individuals with hemorrhoids may experience a mucus discharge from the anus.
- Painful Bowel Movements: Hemorrhoids can make bowel movements painful, especially if they are large or irritated.
- Inflammation and Redness: The area around external hemorrhoids can become red and inflamed.
Ayurveda is well-known for its ancient system of health care. It works on the principle of tri dosha i.e. Vata, Pitta, and kapha which are also the backbone of Ayurvedic diagnostic and treatment principles, including those related to digestion. Pitta dosha is responsible for digestion and major gastrointestinal issues. But the various Ayurvedic Medicines for Piles which are basically formulated with natural herbs show promising results and one can get rid of piles without heading for surgery.
Ayurvedic Herbs For Piles (Hemorrhoids)
The special Ayurvedic herbs that have been tried and tested for several years and believed to have properties that can reduce inflammation, soothe irritated tissues, promote healthy bowel movements, and improve overall digestive health. Here are some herbs commonly used for piles:
Witch Hazel (Hamamelis virginiana)
Witch hazel is known for its astringent properties, which can help reduce swelling and provide relief from itching and discomfort when applied topically as a liquid or cream.
- Reduction of Swelling: Witch hazel contains tannins, which are natural compounds with astringent properties. When applied topically, witch hazel can help constrict or shrink blood vessels and tissues, reducing the swelling associated with hemorrhoids.
- Soothing Relief: Witch hazel has a cooling and soothing effect when applied to the affected area. It can provide relief from itching, burning, and discomfort caused by hemorrhoids.
- Cleansing and Hydration: Witch hazel has mild antiseptic properties and can help cleanse the anal area, reducing the risk of infection and promoting hygiene. It can also help maintain proper moisture levels in the anal region, preventing excessive dryness or irritation.
- Anti-Inflammatory Action: The anti-inflammatory properties of witch hazel may help reduce inflammation in the rectal and anal tissues, further alleviating pain and discomfort.
How to use this herb for piles:Topical Application: Soak a cotton ball or soft cloth in witch hazel extract (preferably alcohol-free) and gently apply it to the affected area. You can do this several times a day, especially after bowel movements or as needed for relief.
Horse Chestnut (Aesculus hippocastanum):Horse chestnut extract contains a compound called aescin, which is believed to strengthen blood vessels and reduce inflammation. It is commonly used in topical creams or ointments for hemorrhoid relief.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Aescin, the active compound in horse chestnut, has demonstrated anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammation is a common component of hemorrhoids, and reducing inflammation can help alleviate pain, itching, and discomfort associated with this condition.
- Venotonic: Horse chestnut is considered a venotonic herb, which means it has the ability to strengthen and tone the walls of blood vessels. In the case of hemorrhoids, strengthening the blood vessels in the rectal and anal area may help prevent them from becoming engorged and swollen, which is a common issue with hemorrhoids.
- Vasoconstrictive: Aescin may also have vasoconstrictive effects, which means it can constrict blood vessels. This action can help reduce the swelling of hemorrhoids and promote better blood flow in the affected area.
Aloe Vera (Aloe barbadensis)
Aloe vera gel, when applied topically, can provide soothing relief from the discomfort and irritation associated with hemorrhoids. Ensure you are using pure aloe vera gel without added chemicals or perfumes.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Aloe vera has natural anti-inflammatory properties. Hemorrhoids often involve inflammation of the rectal and anal tissues, leading to discomfort and pain. Applying aloe vera gel topically to the affected area can help reduce inflammation and provide relief from these symptoms.
- Soothing and Cooling: Aloe vera has a cooling and soothing effect when applied to the skin. This can help alleviate the itching, burning, and discomfort associated with hemorrhoids.
- Hydration: Aloe vera gel contains a high water content, which can help keep the skin in the anal area moisturized and prevent excessive dryness. Proper hydration of the affected area can reduce irritation and discomfort.
How to use Aloe Vera for treating piles:Topical Application: Clean the affected area gently with warm water and mild soap, and pat it dry with a soft cloth. Apply a small amount of aloe vera gel to the hemorrhoid or the surrounding skin. You can use a clean fingertip or a cotton ball for application.
NOTE: ALONG WITH TAKING PRESCRIBED AYURVEDIC MEDICINES FOR PILES SUGGESTED BY THE EXPERTS A PERSON CAN FOLLOW REMEDIES, AND DIETARY TIPS AND ADOPT A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE TO FOSTER THE PROCESS OF RECOVERY.
The Ayurvedic remedies for piles that can work wonders for improving health are:
- Triphala is an herbal formulation consisting of three fruits: Amla (Indian gooseberry), Haritaki (chebulic myrobalan), and Bibhitaki (Bahera).
- It is known for its mild laxative and detoxifying properties.
- Mix 1-2 teaspoons of Triphala powder in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it before bedtime.
- Buttermilk is known to have a soothing effect on the digestive system.
- Mix one cup of buttermilk with a pinch of black pepper and a pinch of roasted cumin powder. Drink this mixture regularly.
- Figs are high in fiber and can help with bowel regularity.
- Soak 2-3 dried figs in water overnight and eat them in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Radishes are believed to improve digestion and relieve constipation.
- Extract the juice from fresh radishes and consume 1/4 cup of it twice daily.
Ginger and Lemon Juice
- Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties, while lemon juice can help soften stools.
- Mix equal parts of ginger juice and lemon juice. Drink it with honey to reduce inflammation and discomfort.
Warm Sitz Baths
- Soaking in a warm tub of water for 15-20 minutes can help reduce pain and discomfort.
- You can add Epsom salt or a few drops of essential oils like lavender or tea tree oil for added relief.
The dietary and lifestyle tips followed along with taking Piles Ayurvedic treatment are:
- Increase your fiber intake by consuming more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Stay well-hydrated to soften stools and prevent constipation.
- Avoid spicy and oily foods that can aggravate piles.
- Don't delay it. Holding in stool can lead to constipation and straining.
- Spicy foods, alcohol, and caffeine can irritate the digestive system. Limit their consumption, especially if you're prone to piles.
- High levels of stress can exacerbate digestive issues. Engage in stress-reduction techniques like deep breathing, meditation, or yoga.
Ayurvedic treatments for piles (hemorrhoids) offer a holistic and natural approach to managing this common condition. Ayurveda focuses on promoting overall digestive health and reducing symptoms through dietary modifications, herbal remedies, and lifestyle changes. So for better results opt for the Piles kit from Healthcam Remedies which has positive results and treats patients' health naturally.
Are Ayurvedic remedies effective in treating piles?
Ayurvedic remedies can be effective in managing piles, especially in mild to moderate cases. They focus on reducing symptoms and promoting better bowel function. However, the effectiveness may vary from person to person, and severe cases may require medical intervention.
How long does Ayurvedic treatment for piles typically take to show results?
The time it takes to see results with Ayurvedic treatment can vary from person to person. Some patients are known to find relief within a few weeks, while others may require more time. Consistency in following the treatment plan is crucial.
Are there any side effects of Ayurvedic piles treatment?
Ayurvedic remedies are generally considered safe when used appropriately. However, it's essential to consult with an Ayurvedic practitioner to ensure proper dosages for effective results.